Pre-Diploma In Livestock Production / Animal Health course is designed for those who have passed SEE examination or equivalent. This curriculum is designed for lower level human resources in the field of Livestock Production / Animal health services equipped with knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for this level of technicians so as to meet the demand of such technician in the country
Aim: The aim of the programme is to produce Livestock Production /Animal Health Junior Technical Assistant (JTA) to provide services to the people & livestock sector of country. At the end of their training they may go for job at government, non-government, private sector or own business.
Objectives: After completing this curricular program, the students will be able:
- to keep livestock, poultry, fish as their own enterprise or they can go for job to the government semi government, privet or public sector
- to explain sign symptoms and preventive measures of common diseases of kept animals
- to produce hygienic milk, meat and other production from livestock, poultry and fish
- to cultivate fodder and grass for livestock
- to develop scheme for livestock enterprise
- to run livestock farm as a assistant
Group size: The group size of this training program will be not more than 40.
Medium of Instruction: The medium of instruction will be in English and/or Nepali language.
Course Duration: This course will be completed within one year/ 39 weeks/ 1560 hours. In addition, 3 months on-the-job assignment should also be completed for issuing successful completion of the course.
Pattern of Attendance: The students should have at list 80% attendance in theory classes and 90% in practical/ performance to be eligible for internal assessments and final examinations.
Certificate Requirements: The council for technical education and vocational training will award certificate in “Technical School Leaving Certificate in Livestock Production and Management/Animal Health” to those students who successfully complete the requirements as prescribed by the curriculum.
Individuals who meet the following criteria will be allowed to enter into this program:
- SLC pass
- Students should pass entrance examination administered by CTEVT
- They should submit the following documents at the time of application
- SLC pass certificate
- Character certificate
- Citizenship certificate (for the name, parents' name, age, date of birth and address verification purpose only)
- Final selection will be made on the basis merit list.
- The quota for different category of students will be as per the enrollment policy of CTEVT
The graduate will be eligible for the position equivalent to Non-gazetted 2nd class/level 4 (technical) as Junior Technical Assistant in the field of Livestock Production and Management /Animal Health or as prescribed by the Public Service Commission.
TSLC in Livestock Production and Management /Animal Health course is based on the job required to be performed by a livestock sector in Nepal.
This course intends to provide knowledge about following basic level Junior Technical Assistant. It especially provides the knowledge and skills focussing on livestock production and management, poultry production, Dairy science, Animal nutrition, Animal health, as provisioned by the government of Nepal. It also deals with Extension and Communication and Entrepreneurship skill to start their own business