Shree Krishna Prasad Koirala Sewa Guthi (KPKS) is a nonprofit making social organization established in 2056 B.S. with an objective to uplifting the socio-economic status of rural poor. It has implemented many programmes i.e. social mobilization, capacity building, skill development and income generating programmes to the lower strata of the society living below the poverty line.
A vocational Training Centre (VTC) was also established in 2058 B.S. (2002 AD) and run under the joint effort of Sri Krishna Prasad Koirala Sewa Guthi & government organization CTEVT "Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training". The Centre is a professionally managed organization with an objective to provide basic and middle level skills in various sectors to meet the demand of skilled manpower of the country. The Centre is registered at Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT). It is located in Jahada Rural Manucipality, Ward n. 4 of Morang district which is 10 km. east from headquarter (Biratnagar) and lies one km. south from Biratnagar–Rangeli road. Late Deputy Prime Minister Miss Sailaja Acharya is the founder President of this Training Centre & she is also the founder President of the Trust. The Centre has highly experienced board members with wide range of expertise. Currently, this VTC has been upgraded to Sailaja Achrya Memorial Polytechnic, approved by CTEVT and is now competent to further recognize even abroad.
The Centre has a standard policy, procedures and practices to promote quality performance. It has wide range of experience in successfully conducting training programs to develop skilled man power. It has pool of human resources from various educational background and expertise
VTC now Polytechnic has experience in executing academic technical education for ANM (Assistance Nursing Midwifery), AAHW (Ayurveda Assistant Health Worker) has phase out from 2077 B.S. Now PCL Nursing, Diploma in Agriculture (Plant Science), Diploam in Agriculture (Animal Science), Pre-Diploma in L.P./A.H. (Livestock Production and Animal Health), Pre-Diploma In Plant J.T.A. (Juniour Technical Assistant), Pre-Diploma in Survey Enginnering (AMIN) and Pre-Diploma in Computer Engineering (IT) courses and is being active to impart quality education for the same.
Besides VTC (now Polytechnic) has also been providing skill based vocational trainings in close collaboration with SWC (Social Welfare Council) Kathmandu, SCI (Small Cottage Industry) Morang, DDC (District Development Committee) Morang & Nepal Polytechnic Institute, Bharatpur to the youths of different areas. The trainings include: agriculture related vocational training, basic sewing cutting, advance sewing cutting, off season vegetable produce, dairy produce & sweet making, bee keeping, hand boutique and small livestock training.
Our vision is to make Nepal prosperous right from the village emphasizing weaker gender to be self-dependent, help them stand on their own feet bring them justice to be an equal part of the society.
The Institution is committed to the village folk and tries to attract them to simple vocational trainings and make them aware of their capacity to be a part of present day national stream and make benefit from that.
- To enable unemployed semi educated, uneducated people to be efficient and self-reliant by providing them different technical education programme.
- To provide short term skill based vocational training (middle and higher level technical training) to semi & higher educated people to enable them to earn their living.
- To extend the programme in more villages gradually.
- To activate the village mass and acquire a grass root support in our movement.
- KPKS emphasizes the active participation of target communities in Technical Education Programmes & short term skill based vocational trainings
- Each program will be conducted inclusively
- Mobilize communities in various income generating programmes to enable them to self-reliance by providing skill training
- Provide consultancy or any other assistance as a resource center to individuals, groups, societies, institutions or voluntary agencies working in the sector of community development
Scope of area
KPKS has expertise in following areas
- Academic Technical Education
- Short Term - Skill Based Vocational Trainings
- Research, surveys, monitoring & evaluations
- Gender advocacy & women empowerment
- Participatory rural development
- Livelihood improvement
- Institutional development
- Social mobilization
Vision/Mission/Goal & objectives of Sailaja Acharya Memorial Polytechnic (SAMP):
Sailaja Acharya Memorial Polytechnic will be recognized as the advanced technical institution in Nepal.
Sailaja Acharya Memorial Polytechnic produces qualified technical and vocational education to needy people for employment.
- To make the citizen competent independent & foresighted
- To produce middle level technical workforce in academic technical field to strengthen various sector of the economy
- To emphasize & encourage the people for technical education
- To train disadvantaged/unemployed groups of people in various skills through short-term vocational training.
- Ensure quality training & promote entrepreneurship & self-employment opportunities